• entries
  • comments
  • views

Finita est. The eave trim is masked in place to dry, the glue is dry & tape's off of everywhere else, and if the weather's pretty tomorrow I'll take it out for finished front picture, & if it's not I'll do it with the flash. Then I can take the roll for processing and add the pictures.blog-13-1115843928_thumb.jpgblog-13-1115843949_thumb.jpgblog-13-1115843966_thumb.jpgThe roof might've fit more flush if I hadn't decorated first (as the instructions suggested), but it fit well enough to reinforce with the heavy stapler, which I also did at the corner seams and where the floor joined the wall. This makes everything a lot sturdier, since ultimately it's going to a little girl to play with (supervised, I hope, or else have her folks stock up on wood glue & masking tape!).I guess I ought to note that I did not make the brass bathtub in the finished interior photo. It's the only thing in the photo I didn't make, either from a kit or 'scratch'. Only the dolls are going with this house, but I wanted to "show" it furnished! :p I really did read over the instructions first, but I think the kit has been redone since they were written, and I have to modify anyway. This kit had a very Alpine look to it, particularly with the gingerbread trim.I had one piece of porch trim and several sheets of shingles left over (for another kit ;) ).complements of havanaholly

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.