The Orchid Dollhouse Construction Blog

• entries
  • comments
  • views

Contributors to this blog

Putting on the Porch

LPCullen

I was so impressed with Tracy's porch, that I've decided to copy it, sort of. So, I had Jimmy go ahead and attach the porch to the house.

blog-6-1167575383_thumb.jpg

Then I started covering it with paperclay.

blog-6-1167575393_thumb.jpg

Now, to make my brick patterns. I'm only putting bricks on the outside of the porch, so I have to make some measurements all around and I'm using the little tool that I got from Rik Pierce's class. I make indentions in the clay all around using the smaller end of that tool. I think that's a 5/8 inch measurement, but can't remember.

blog-6-1167575408_thumb.jpg

And I've got my measurement all around the top of the porch. Time to move on to the step.

blog-6-1167575420_thumb.jpg

For the corners, I make a line across it and angled, and then I begin cutting in some bricks. I'm using a little yellow tool to cut the bricks.

blog-6-1167575429_thumb.jpgblog-6-1167575443_thumb.jpg

I kind of "cut up" the bricks on the edges.

blog-6-1167575457_thumb.jpg

Once all my bricks are cut in on the top, I take my little white tool (you can use whatever you have on hand) and kind of roll that around the edges of the porch to finish the cut for the bricks.

blog-6-1167575469_thumb.jpg

And now we're done cutting bricks for the porch. Have to wait for that to dry and then I can do my "dirty wash" on the bricks and begin painting!

blog-6-1167575481_thumb.jpg

Compliments of LPCullen

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.