• entries
  • comments
  • views

Did I say Monday?

Mini Man

Maybe not Monday  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best day of the week to start a diet?

• Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday

Well it is Monday, the official start of my diet. Well a, no actually, I meant next Monday. Unfortunately, this is a little game I play with myself at the beginning of every week. I eat everything in site over the weekend claiming it's my last ho-rah, then Monday finally comes. I skip breakfast and then lunch. By this time of day I'm flat out starving and the whole idea of a diet is sounding pretty stupid.

I know many people will never understand what it's like to have a weight problem. I'm going to wait until next Monday (the new official starting date) before I reveal my weight, but lets just say for now that I'm not one of those types that worry about eating a cookie after lunch ... I worry about eating a whole box! My weight problem is significant and I will get it under control starting next Monday!

OK, maybe it's not me, maybe it's the day so I'm putting it to a vote. You may have noticed I left out Saturday and Sunday. That's because only a crazy person would think that those are great days to start a diet.

5 Comments

Recommended Comments

Dean, I totally understand your dillema! I voted for Monday, but maybe I'm doing it all wrong! Maybe in order to get OVER the Monday hump one needs to start their diet on Tuesday or Wednesday or even Thursday. I wouldn't start on Friday or the weekend . . . like you said . . . a person would have to be crazy!

Okay 'nuff said . . . I'm starting next Tuesday!

I sympathize with you Dean. This could have been me writing this blog entry. This is so me. I am 100 pounds overweight and i do exactly the same thing. I sort of re-started weight watchers (on my own) about 3 weeks ago. Each week i keep telling myself i'll do better. I lost 3 pounds since last thursday, but today i had donuts with my cappucino. my cappucino with half and half. I have a large bottled pepsi and a bag of Munchos chips waiting in my truck for my drive home after work.

I'll do better tomorrow. I don't have any junk food in the house.

When my supervisor gets back from vacation we are going back to weight watchers meetings. I lost 30 pounds by this time last year and put it back on over the summer and fall. I was doing so well and felt great. I don't know why i stopped or gave myself the permission to start eating bad again.

I wish you success in the upcoming months!

Maybe it's just old age and my enthusiastic embrace of retirement catching up to me, but I don't pay much attention to what day it is. I think the best day to start getting healthier is TODAY. And if you don't make some good choices, well, there's another TODAY waiting for you in the morning. :)

Well I am one of those Friday starter I suppose... Better start on a day with th ings that needs to contempalte over and perhaps get over a "moody" phase and not have all the students around me LOL

Will not try and jinx anything by wishing g--d l--k but you know what I mean :)

Hugs

I cannot vote because ANY day is a GOOD day to begin a diet. You simply start out eating less. Never skip meals, just don't eat as much. DH & I have learned that by substituting a low-fat food here, a fat-free dairy item there, one at a time, after a while we're eating healthier, maintaining a helthier weight range, and feeling more like being active. So then we added biking, and then hiking, and then paddling... Get the picture? Until you can eat one cookie instead of the ntire package, put the cookies away and eat a piece of fresh fruit, instead. You can do this, Dean!

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.