• entries
  • comments
  • views

the chantilly and the pierce

ilovecats

April 20th, 2007. I'm working on the bash of an Arthur and the Pierce. I had a productive day. I added 1/2 inch height to my arthur foundation. I got most of the Pierce built (except the tower roof). The front porch roof gave me some fits and it's not perfect, but it isn't going to get any better, but at least it will do. When i moved the house down to the family room i of course grabbed it by the front porch roof <_< i need to re-glue part of it since it is now loose. That can wait until tomorrow.

What was i thinking bashing another house onto the Pierce?! I didn't picture how big the Pierce would actually look when built...now with the Arthur bash it's enormous :whistle: i think to make things easier for moving the house, i won't be permanently attatching the Arthur. At least not at this point. Holy cow, did I say that it is huge? :unsure:

anyway, i cut the wall (from the original kitchen/dining area) open into a curved wall. I think it looks great, it has really opened up the space. The old kitchen and dining room will now be the living room with the old kitchen area being more of the library type of look. I want book shelves in there and some comfy chairs. I'll be using a curved staircase which i happened to have lying around. I had originally purchased it for my Federal but it took up too much space and didn't look as good as i wanted. I didn't think about putting polyurethane on it at the time, no wonder it didn't look nice. So when i use it in my Pierce, i'll throw some polyurethane on it and improve its looks. I need to cut the hole large to accommodate the staircase. I took some pictures of the staircase in the house, however i will be changing the angle of the staircase when i permanently put it in place. it just wouldn't stay up for me in any other position, not to mention the hole in the 2nd floor isn't large enough to maneuver the direction of the staircase at this point. So anyway, when you see the pictures with the staircase, if they look funny, these are the reasons why. i'm pretty sure this will be the only staircase in the whole house.

Although the size of my bashed house is going to be a space problem, it has really given me more room! the bottom floor of the arthur will be the kitchen, i haven't decided the layout of the kitchen yet and if i will be adding a pantry off to the right side or a possible laundry room. I just haven't put much thought into it yet. The upstairs of the Arthur has some possibilites. I've thought about it as either a master bedroom or a bathroom and sitting room off the master. we'll see :) Anyway, going back into the pierce, the dining room will be where the old living room was. I haven't decided on the room layouts for the second floor yet.

So far, this is one house that i haven't thought yet about all of my room layouts (like establishing my ideas...usually i have things planned out in advance). I haven't even given a thought toward the exterior colors. I do know i will decorate victorian inside, but i want to make it modern day with a modern kitchen.

Anyway, this week i got the wood flooring installed in the Chantilly. I need to put a couple of coats of polyurethane on the staircase and wood flooring. I also need to do this with the trim pieces before i install them. Still need to cut and stain the ceiling beams and floor molding. I just took pictures of the flooring, i'm not sure how well they will turn out because the lighting is pretty dim in the family room at this time of night.

• Like 1

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.