• entries
  • comments
  • views

Finishing Fireplace, Starting Wallpaper

LPCullen

If you'll remember, we last left off at me having to finish the fireplace before I could begin to wallpaper. I got the bricks painted a nice brown.

blogentry-6-1182219534_thumb.jpg

And then added a bit of color. I had just spray painted this with clear to seal the acrylic paints, so it's not a good picture. I'll take a better picture later.

blogentry-6-1182219555_thumb.jpg

For the kitchen, I'm going with a red. I think it will look really pretty against the white trim. I'll have to wait for this to dry and then cut out the windows and do the other side.

blogentry-6-1182219582_thumb.jpg

Now, for the upstairs rooms, and I think I'll start with the bedroom--having already built this house once, I know that regular dollhouse wallpaper will not work--it's not tall enough!

blogentry-6-1182219596_thumb.jpg

blogentry-6-1182219603_thumb.jpg

So, I've raided my stash of real life wallpaper. I've picked a recipient for this house already, who is crazy about pink, but she doesn't know she's getting it. Actually, when I began building the house, it told me exactly what colors it wanted to be and exactly who it wanted to go to.... Anyhow, the bedroom will be this pink wallpaper. What?! Didn't you know it was easier to wallpaper difficult angles doing it upside down?

blogentry-6-1182219614_thumb.jpg

I've also begun painting the bricks on the outside fireplace/chimney, which really shows that brick pattern.

blogentry-6-1182219639_thumb.jpg

blogentry-6-1182219651_thumb.jpgblogentry-6-1182219660_thumb.jpg

Compliments of LPCullen

• Like 1

2 Comments

Recommended Comments

Love what you’ve done thus far. Any tips on those tough wallpaper areas? I can’t turn it upside down without fear of breaking some of the porch, etc on mine. 

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.