• entries
  • comments
  • views

Houseboat: Upper Deck details & lower deck railings

KathieB

Here are the photos from yesterday's efforts. The canopy has been rebuilt and edged with some neat lace I found in a bridal shop for 29 cents a yard. What a deal! :D Two of the deck chairs have had cushions added, thanks to some nifty froggie fabric that Anna gave me. (The nice shiny wheel and compass in the pilot house also came from Anna. Lloyd is beside himself over it, as the compass really works!) And some astro-turf was installed in the children's play area.

The lower deck railings were a bear to install. I need to go over the mitered corners to fill in gaps. The long rail proved a challenge, as it rests on 5 or 6 beads, with no side supports. I drilled little holes in the bottom of the rails and used toothpicks to peg it to the beads. Now that it's dry, it seems strong enough to withstand the gymnastics of energetic little frog kids. :unsure:

The gaps fore and aft will be closed with bits of chain, although I guess if a frog falls overboard it really wouldn't be that big a deal, eh?

It's hard to believe that the major construction is really finished! I'm taking the day off, and tomorrow will start a room-by-room effort to complete them with curtains & draperies, rugs, little accessories, etc.

blogentry-818-1186948698_thumb.jpg

blogentry-818-1186948714_thumb.jpg

blogentry-818-1186948723_thumb.jpg

blogentry-818-1186948732_thumb.jpg

blogentry-818-1186948752_thumb.jpg

blogentry-818-1186948765_thumb.jpg

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.