• entries
  • comments
  • views

Good News to Start the New Blog

Pipertml

I've always been a "journaler" (I've got a million of them at home), so when I started reading other people's blogs in 2005, it was only natural for me to want my own...but I hesitated. Did I really have anything to say? Would people even want to read it? I set aside all fears in 2006 and started "Musings From Mount Vernon Street" and you know, I'm really glad I did. Not only has it documented my life over the past year, but it's opened me up to a whole new community of people from around that world that I would have never met otherwise! I love the fact that I can go back a year and see just what I was doing back then.

Well, that's my hope with this mini version of Musings; to document my mini creations, the builiding of my dollhouses and whatever else. With that in mind, I have two pieces of news. One I've already shared with the forum in the general mini talk area - my Quilt Shops are coming together! For Christmas, my Ma and my Aunt Trish are each getting their own personal Quilt Shop Room Box, made by me! For my Mum, it'll be "Cathy's Quilts" and for Trish, "Patricia's Patchworks". I've made a test room box and have figured out what changes I want to make to my pattern (lengthen it and make it deeper). I've started making furniture to go inside it and I've posed the question to others on the forum, "What else? What else does it need? What else can I make?" That's the big thing - my plan for these quilt shops is to make as much as possible as inexpensively as possible.

Check out the album, you'll see what I've got so far. The only things I've bought so far are:

The Hutch - unfinished - $1 @ Michaels

The Wooden Spools - $0.99 for a pack of 9 @ Michaels

Small pack of wood - $4.99 @ (where else?) Michaels

Everything else came from my craft supplies and quilting closet. I always have wooden dowels, thin wire, polymer clay and a stash of fabric that would make a saint swear! And luckily, I have access to a band saw, a scroll saw and a small table sander.

I have a list of other things that I want to make to put in these shops, but I'll set down the list here another time.

So on to the second piece of news: I was offered a new job within my office! The job that I've been wanting for months now! A job that comes with a substantial increase in pay! So as you can imagine, I'm doing the happy happy dance of joy - I have better means to feed my mini-addiction now! :unsure:

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.