First off, let me say that I love this house, and anyone looking at the dates of when I started and finally finished must take into consideration that the delay and long time in building was completely my own fault and had nothing to do with the level of difficulty of the house. The house itself was a very easy build and I have no excuse for the delay except for (want of a better term) "funk" I was going through this year.
In summary the basic changes to the house that were made are as follows:
1. upgraded the windows that open and close
2. used greenleaf stucco for the exterior finish
3. Used joint compound for interior "plaster" finish for the downstairs rooms
4. Used joint compound for the front porch "stone" and chimney
5. used greenleaf tiles for flooring in the downstairs rooms
6. left off the trim on the upper roofs and the shingles (mainly cause this house will be a gift for our 8 yr. old granddaughter and can be added at a later date)
7. the house is wired and it actually works LOL
8. Also left off the upper stair railings for easier play
9. All doors was pin hinged in so they open and close
Thank you again for allowing me to be a part of this team build. I apologize for the delay, but will say I will recommend this house to anyone. It went together easy and I firmly believe will hold up to the rigors of children playing with it for years to come.