• entries
  • comments
  • views

Runner, perhaps.

rbytsdy

So I went to the craft store after work, where I found that great ribbon for the Pierce staircase... Pickins were slim this time but I found an edged gold-tone ribbon that has the right width, as well as a lace that might be a bit too wide:

blogentry-928-1204857202_thumb.jpg

It is hard to see, but I have two beads on either end of a toothpick to represent the stair rods. I'll have to shorten the pick and paint it similar to the beads. I have a scrap of wallpaper there too; I plan to do some trim detailing and paneling using the wallpaper to dress up the sides of the case.

The gold-tone is fine, but I had wanted something a bit more ornate, like the Pierce runner... Maybe it'll grow on me. It would certainly work to draw the eye to the stairs, in so much as one can actually see them when the house is fully assembled...! I do like the lace, but it is just a bit too wide. It will probably go into the lace stash...

blogentry-928-1204857202_thumb.jpg

1 Comment

Recommended Comments

Like both the ribbon and the lace, and I can understand you wanting to use them both :) so what if you cut the lace edges of sort of like a real narrow trim and then added/glued that on the underside of that ribbon, giving the ribbon a narrow lace edge?

Hugs

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.