Tako's Blog

• entries
  • comments
  • views

Still making mistakes

Tako

Sooo, even with all my care yesterday because of my previous mistakes, I still made more of them. Not too terribly huge, but tabs ended up in the wrong places. I ended up with slots that had no tabs to fill them and tabs that had no slots to fit into. House fit together just fine, but now I have tabs to whittle and sand off and slots to fill and sand. I could have fixed it, but I was NOT taking the blasted thing apart for a second time, and gluing it together for a third.

So much for getting this blasted house put together and mostly finished before my break from school was over! :wub:

Possibly will edit this post with some pictures this evening, though I'm not sure -why- :ohyeah:

4 Comments

Recommended Comments

Ouch, the whole process sounds so painful! I really appreciate you blogging the process, as the Buttercup will be my first build, too! It's good to know what to watch out for!

Basically so far I figured out that if you're as accident/mix-up prone as I am, the dry fit process is probably a very good idea. It was something that I didn't really do. I just made sure the tabs and slots for each wall would line up as I was gluing.

I think for my next house I will be dry fitting and then labeling all my bits and pieces with a pencil on the side that is to face out, and which side should be the left and right and such, so I can keep myself straight while gluing!

Thanks! Yes, I did do a dry build, and before I take it back apart I'll be making a lot of notes on the wood! Then I'm planning to move the front entrance so I'll have my own kinds of mistakes to make! ;)

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.