• entries
  • comments
  • views

Adding trim to the bag

Violet2Dawn

13.Take 1 piece of leather trim, and run glue down it, not too heavy, but so you see it. Now press the strip lengthwise into a narrower strip. You are making what will be the handles now. Leather needs to be pressed hard to get the glue to hold, just smoosh it, but be careful not to get the glue on the outside where it might dry and discolor your handles. Set this aside to dry, I sometimes have to weight mine down to get it to stay together. See picture below.

14. Now to begin to trim the bag. You need a strip at least 6" by 1/4" unless you have added a lining where you want to increase it to 6" by 3/8".

15. Working in small sections you are going to apply glue to the bag edge and press the trim to the fabric, press hard, so that the trim extends onto the bag face only half the width of the trim. The rest of the trim sticks up in the air right now. Start at a side, and you will go all the way around and meet back where you started. Work slow, and in small sections. See series of pictures below for this part.

NOTE: I have used too much glue so that it would show in photos, please use less on your bag or you will have a sticky mess!

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.