• entries
  • comments
  • views

Let's finish up!

Violet2Dawn

16. Do I have to say it? Set the bag aside and let the glue dry! Go grab a cup of tea or coffee. Clean up your hands and the work area. Decide on which jewelery findings you want to use, and how many straps you want. If you use a quick grab, thick tacky glue like I do, the wait time is less, but still please wait.

17. While you are wiating, cut the remaing trim into 1/8" widths. This will become your staps for closures etc. They only need to be 1 1/2" to 2" long, but can be longer if you like.

18. If your finding has a hole, run the strap through it and glue the end over so it stays on. If you have no hole then glue the finding to the strap, again wait for the glue to dry. You can add them later, when they are on the bag, but I find it less messy to do them now.

19. Cut your now dry handle piece in half. You may want long handles or shorter ones. With the 3" you have that option. I generally go for smaller ones 1 1/2" being a good average size.

Note: I have indicated on the paper pattern where you can place the handles. Please use that as a guide, I eyeball it and just attach them when it is time, where I think they look best.

****Check to see if your glue is dry on the bag*********Be carefull********

20. When the glue has dried, you want to repeat the process of applying the trim, just to the inside of the bag. Run glue along the inside edge of the bag, again work in small stages and fold the trim to the inside of the bag. Remember you have to press hard to make it stick. You will note that when you do this, any small ripples you may have had on the outside, smooth out and it looks wonderfull now. Sometimes at this point I have to reglue a spot or two on the front, but not to worry It all looks good in the end. See picture of this step below.

21. Glue on handles and your straps, press firmly for them to attach. LET IT DRY!!! Pictures below of the front, side and back of my finished sample bag.

I leave the bags open so they can be filled later for scenes, but you can glue them shut at this point. Heck the inside may be so scary you want to hide it, IDK. But they choice is yours!

WELL I hope this was clear enough for you all to follow along. If you do get stuck, or don't understand a part, then please PM me I will help you. I don't blog, this is my first, so I won't think to come here often and check for messages or additions. Happy Bagging!!!!!!!!! Dawn

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.