Tako's Blog

• entries
  • comments
  • views

I actually worked on a Sunday!

Tako

I always end up never doing much work on Sundays, except possibly some grocery shopping, and never for any religious reasons (as people always tend to assume!). I go to classes full time Monday through Thursday, work on school work and commission work Friday and Saturday, and so Sunday is my day to rest and not do anything.

However, today I actually did what I said I was going to! I glued the cabinet door front on the window seat of the bay window, and glued the window section onto the house. I'm really happy without how well the pin hinged doors work. One side is a bit sticky and could have used some extra sanding, but the other side works smoother than anything so when the unruly side gets stuck I can just help it out from the inside through the smooth-operating door :)

I'd have pictures, but the section is currently heavily taped to the rest of the house, so maybe pictures tomorrow.

Next decision: If I use one of the 50% off coupons from JoAnn, or the 40% coupon from Michaels, and pick it up in the unfinished wood section, could I possible consider splurging on stain for the window trim and shingles? I want to stain the window peices before I go about gluing them all together, and I want to assemble the windows and trim before I go about putting the egg carton stone on, so I don't have to worry about the stone accidentally getting in the way of the trim!

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.