• entries
  • comments
  • views

Late Progress Report

Tilly Wants Cake

My photos have all been taken with my iPhone, and so I have to email the photos to myself to get them. Earlier this week my email wasn't working! So I couldn't report on my progress from the weekend, and now it's Wednesday and all week I was eager to work on it, but behaved and took both Monday and Tuesday night to finish up our wedding invitations. I almost had time to work on it last night but ended up working on my brother's website instead (it has a real deadline, after all).

So back to the progress timeline.

I spent most of last week priming:

2429779848_3f9cc15525.jpg

These were the last pieces to prime!

Friday night I was able to start the build!

I have photos from during that .. .somewhere! I don't know what happened to them, but I was pretty proud of my method for keeping everything square. I'll have to find them and edit this post later.

Here we go!

2454902549_05e523b95c.jpg

I didn't realize the first paragraph wasn't all I could do under step one, so I was worried the build may not dry square. I taped triangles to the bottom floor corners to get the angles right.

Here is the build as it waits for me:

2437140276_24048b420a.jpg

2437140180_5536a02f3e.jpg

2436321323_aa3fdfd588.jpg

(That piece on the floor will be the floor of the alcove, to bring it level with the flooring that will go down in the main area, since the alcove will have paper flooring).

2437140378_49e9f72d54.jpg

The veranda over the alcove will have just enough space for a little piggy and her flowers!

So at this point I stopped to measure the tiles needed for that stove alcove. Almost 800!

Well, I'd always been concerned that tiling might make it look like a shower stall, and the idea of that many plain tiles cinched it. Instead, I ordered a sheet of brick, and paper flagstone flooring. It'll look a bit cozier, too, I think!

I placed an order based loosely on my list from the last post, sprayed fixative on my wall treatments, and just need to run the wiring and then I can start decorating! Exciting!

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.