I started with foam core just to see if this design would work and if it would look really nice. I ended up cutting the roof height (on the raised roof side) down to 8" high. This is what it looked like in the beginnning:
It took a while (3.5 hrs. ) to get the angles right because I found out that this house needed a little more support now that I was bashing it away from how it should have been done.
This is after I added the wood roof & attic parts. It was level on one side and not the other and zi went around and around with the leveler I did finally get it right . After I got it to the point I was satified with, I added sandpaper and painted it black to give the "Asphalt" roof look then I added the Chimney stack ;) :
I wanted to add roof trim to give the roof more detail. At first I started off by using the kits trim:
I ended up using some iron railing for the widows walk instead.
I aged it with a seafoam green paint: