• entries
  • comments
  • views

Interior Trim and Windows installed

Tilly Wants Cake

I neglected to get any photos of the painting done on the paperclay so far, but that's all right. I can cover that in an exterior post. Mostly I just wanted to paint them so I could install the windows. ;)

So last night I did! I had spent the previous two evenings mitering the baseboard and crown molding, so last night I laid out some newspaper and stained them all. Two coats. Unfortunately the Balsa wood is not taking on the same color as the basswood, but I don't think the result is awful. ;)

While the stain dried (thank goodness the heat is pumped up in the winter!), I glued in the window sheets. I had to cut two of the square bits in half because of the custom window I made. It went smoothly, and the Quick Grab was a big help, even if the tube continues to dispense after I have enough!

Once the window sheets were in place I put in the kit trims for the door and windows, nearly forgetting to put my crown molding in first above the door (I had cut a special arch to fit around it). The door I made upstairs to open onto the 'veranda' still needs trim, and the doors themselves will be painted dusty mauve and attached later with hinges.

I'm tired of the lights looking weary (I have 6 bulbs on a 12 bulb system), so today I ordered a current regulator, along with a bulb extractor in case the damage was already done, and some of those tiny outlet male pieces, since I have the 'scale' outlets installed but no lamps with the right male piece. I know I'll have at least three lamps to plug into a wall outlet soon and I don't have the regular sized outlets!

3100067755_2183db65f2.jpg

3100067847_64b763125d.jpg

3100068081_289a81ea1e.jpg

3100903230_9677c2db56.jpg

I kinda caught myself by surprise. The downstairs is nearly complete and I have no furniture at all to put in there! I was planning to make myself some display cabinets so it looks like I'd better get cracking! I ordered a table for the kitchen to be a prep table and hopefully it won't be too large.

I do have furniture for the upstairs but it seems gloomy without lights. Before I put the bed against the right side wall I'd better pound in an outlet.

I also have a tree that needs some height removed before it'll fit! I ordered ornaments from Ernie's so I can attach those and the other trim and have it ready to go!

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.