• entries
  • comments
  • views

Holly's Spare Closet Tutorial

Gazette Gallery

Thanks to HavanaHolly for submitting this great tutorial for adding some extra closet space!

Sometimes your dh doesn't have those pesky corners that can be made into closets, and your dh still wants a closet.

Here's how I made a closet for the Laurel. First I took rough measurements of the space where the closet was to go (the rear left corner of the lefthand upstairs room, a bedroom):

blogentry-2010-1234733289_thumb.jpg

Next I cut out the front and side closet walls from foamcore and cut out the doorway and glued the right front wall to the front of the side wall. Then I measured a tongue-blade sized craft stick for a shelf and a 1/8" dowel for the rod, and glued them in and dryfit the closet again to make sure it still fit:

blogentry-2010-1234733299_thumb.jpg

finally I cut another piece of the dowel to fit the doorway and made a curtain for a closet door, since this was a girl's room. I then papered the closet to match the rest of the room (with this paper I didn't get too worked up over it) and when it was dry I installed the curtain and did one last dry fit:

blogentry-2010-1234733309_thumb.jpg

Finally, I glued the closet into place with tacky glue:

blogentry-2010-1234733319_thumb.jpg

and made a little hanger to hold the doll's extra clothes:

blogentry-2010-1234733327_thumb.jpg

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.