Anna's Blog

• entries
  • comments
  • views

Karin's bed

Anna

A little trivia regarding Mrs Carl Larsson, Karin...

She designed not just fabric items but she also designed furniture and had a local carpenter make them for her and it is said that the pieces she made were really practical for their intended use but the carpenter thought them hideous so when he was "done" with them and should deliver them to their house he did so after dark as he didn't want to be known as have made these LOL, poor guy huh?!? ;)

There are a few different versions on how Karin's bed looked but as I browsed in a book with actual photos in it it showed her bed being very practical and looks a lot like a captain's bed I think it is called so I built my own version of that as it needs to fit a very confined space... It is drying now from the first coat of paint and then I need to sand it and paint again I think.

As it is white, I am thinking of how to dress it though, but am leaning towards the red checkered fabric I have as I know that was a fabric style used in this room in RL.

Pics will follow tomorrow as it is pitch dark outside now and the paint is still wet and I am trying not to touch it until it is dry ;) not an easy task which is why I am now downstairs writing this :p

Hugs

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.