• entries
  • comments
  • views

In the beginning . . .

MiniMadWoman

I woke up Sunday morning determined that this was going to be the day that I started on the Rutherford. I climbed out of bed in anticipation of what was to come. I let out the dogs, woke the birds, fed the birds, played with the birds, preened Bijou and ate breakfast. Pretty much a normal morning around here! LOL!! Once everyone was ready for private time and with everyone situated, I headed down to the basement eagerly. There she was waiting for me . . . it's about bloody well time, she said!

This is what she looked like when I started this morning.

blogentry-267-1239073902_thumb.jpg

I was a little hesitant in starting out because I hadn't built in over a year, but once I got into it it all came flooding back. Just follow the directions! LOL!! I punched out pieces, glued and taped . . . and glued and taped. I wish I had stock in masking tape (although it would probably be down right now anyway!).

The first thing I did was to widen the doorway from the entry hall to the room on the left side of the house. There are only two rooms on the first floor of Pippi's house . . . a kitchen and a parlor.

blogentry-267-1239075931_thumb.jpg

I also added in an extra window on the second floor to try and match up this side of the house with Pippi's house.

blogentry-267-1239075990_thumb.jpg

Now, building in that second floor staircase was a nightmare! It had to be built in place from bottom to top. By the time I was done my back hurt and I had a crook in my neck. It was also about 11:00 p.m. so it was definitely time for bed. All in all it was worth it because this staircase is really neat!

blogentry-267-1239076219_thumb.jpg

So, by the end of the day, this is what she looked like.

blogentry-267-1239074340_thumb.jpg

blogentry-267-1239074371_thumb.jpg

blogentry-267-1239076250_thumb.jpg

Not too bad for a day's work!

A couple notes of interest:

I had bought a really cute puzzle that I wanted Brian to put together for me. He's the master of puzzlers!! I thought it would take him about a week or so to put together a 550 piece puzzle . . . but no! It took him about 3 - 4 hours. So much for spending quality time together! Anyway, here's a picture of the puzzle. I'm going to hang it on the wall directly in front of my work table so I have something nice to look at while I'm down in the dungeon.

blogentry-267-1239074580_thumb.jpg

And here are my babies! They're such good company! Not much help, but good company! LOL!!

blogentry-267-1239074639_thumb.jpg

That's it for now!

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.