• entries
  • comments
  • views

Let the Bashing begin!

MiniMadWoman

Today is Monday and it's cleaning and laundry day . . . blah, blah, blah! I got most everything done except for washing the floors, that can wait until tomorrow! I have a doll house screaming up at me from the dungeon! :blink:

I spent about an hour this afternoon figuring out the first bash. I figure this house is going to get at least 3 or 4 of them. I'll figure them out as I go. Scary . . . very scary!

This first bash involves creating a door from the tower that steps out onto a balcony. Here's what I created.

A picture of the existing tower (you can see there are supposed to be French doors here. It's a shame to loose them, but it needs to be done).

blogentry-267-1239075102_thumb.jpg

Here's what I created (basically a three sided box with a roof).

blogentry-267-1239075147_thumb.jpg

And here's what it looks like . . . for now anyway.

blogentry-267-1239075216_thumb.jpg

blogentry-267-1239075245_thumb.jpg

A picture of what it will look like with a door (this door is actually destined for the Beacon Hill).

blogentry-267-1239075345_thumb.jpg

I went this evening and bought some supplies. I want to be ready for tomorrow afternoon! I bought craft sticks to use as the clapboard siding, paint and a dandy little mitre box and saw! I love mini tools!

blogentry-267-1239075509_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow I will start by siding and painting between the left side of the house and the balcony extension. Once I glue the extension to the house, there will be no way to get in there, so best get it done now.

Stay tuned!

6 Comments

Recommended Comments

Wow, you're coming right along and it's going to be fabulous! I'm interested in what you might do with the staircase. Are you planning on staining or painting them? Can't wait for more pictures, I love this house.

Thanks, Wendy! I'm not sure yet what to do with the stairs because I haven't decided what to do with that second floor yet. Everything really takes place on the first floor and the attic (which I'm going to stain and fill with lots of odds and ends). Once I decide what to do, then I'll know if I'm painting or staining.

i have a question about the extension room. are you removing the french doors so there will be a way to get into it?

Hey, Jeffrey! Good point! I hadn't thought about doing that, but now that you mention it, that would be a very good idea! Thanks a bundle!!

LOL your welcome! :)

Im such a stinker...if you do remove them what will you do with them? :wave: Im not the one who needs them though. I know that Sharon (champagne) is looking for rutherford doors.

Not sure yet, but at the end of it all if I don't use them I would be happy to send them on to Sharon. I'll keep them safe for now!

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.