• entries
  • comments
  • views

Tree Tutorial

james dean

Hi, everyone in this post I will be telling you how to make a tree. :banana:

***FYI The measurements given in this tutorial are only approximate. It's more about personal preference than accuracy. ***

Tools & Materials:

• Painters Tape or Masking Tape (Preferably white)
  • Flush cutters (any tool that can cut wire are fine)
  • Wire (28 gauge works well) Since we will be twisting the wire multiple times a wire with less thickness will work best.
  • Brown florist tape (You can also use Paperclay [found at Hobby Lobby & other such stores] however, Paperclay isn't recommended for a bigger tree, because it gets too heavy.
  • Cut several pieces of your 28 gauge wire (approx. 30 Inches)
  • Twist the bundle of wire together for 6 inches
  • Double your wire Twist back down to where your original wire twisting began
  • If you want to make your branches with the different off-shoots, when you double your wire twist down but instead of returning to the original wire only twist about ¼ in down & then return to the original wire
  • Continue to add wire and off-shoot branches until you are satisfied with the thickness of your tree branches.
  • Continue adding branches until you reach your tree design. (you can have as few or as many branches as you want) once the ultimate tree design is met you can create the trunk.
  • For this tutorial I used a toilet tissue roll for the trunk. Take the bundle of connected branches & place them in the toilet paper roll wrap the roll in masking tape
  • *Make sure to also wrap up some of the branches to make the tree look more realistic

**There are more pictures in My Albums. They're backwards (can't figure out how to put them in the right order) so start at the end.**

Hope this is helpful :blink:

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.