• entries
  • comments
  • views

walls all cut

cranky

well, i finished cutting the walls today, and dry fit them into place, things were really going well, then i got to the roof panels....my brain hurts now!!!! tough angles, and the edges that need to be beveled are a real problem. they require a 60 degree bevel, but table saws won't cut past about 50. well, i figured a way around it, but it wasn't easy, and not the best method, but after trim and shingles, all will be fine. i also ran into a couple problems with mistakes in the plans, but i corrected those once i did it their way and it didn't work!!! hopefully after my brain gets some rest, i will get back to it tomorrow, with a fresh look at some of these problems. i may not assemble for a while either, due to areas that will be hard to get to after it's assembled. i will no better after i take it apart, and cut all the windows in, then i can see what kind of access i will have to difficult areas.

blogentry-5505-1278814502_thumb.jpgblogentry-5505-1278814100_thumb.jpgblogentry-5505-1278814115_thumb.jpg

2 Comments

Recommended Comments

It's beautiful, Dave, a feast for the eye. Nothing gives me more pleasure than admiring true craftsmanship.

Your remarks about the bevels drew my attention immediately. My house plan involves some bevels too. I may try to use a chisel and a plane for mine. When I return from my holiday, I'm going to buy those beautiful micro chisels from Ramelson.

A hand fretsaw is of little use, I expect, because I wouldn't know how to clamp the piece properly. You're probably wondering why I don't mention power tools, but the reason is simple: I work in my living room and I own two curious cats. :p

And call me silly, but I'm partial to hand tools, albeit that I struggle to master them. I almost go in Zen mode when I use a hand tool.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.