• entries
  • comments
  • views

Builder's Blog entry # 2: Slow progress. Floor and wall patterns

MerriMagic

Tonite I'm cutting floor patterns for each of Moggie Manor's floors. Then I can have them ready to go as I work on each room. I'm also cutting patterns for each room's wallpaper. they'll all go into a portfolio so I can pull them out when I need them. I will be ordering wallpapers next week, and have that ready too.

I suppose the next step is electrification..and I'm still on the fence about tapewire vs roundwire, but so far I'm almost sure I'll do a combination. So I'll be thinking hard on that, over the weekend. Hmm.... how much roundwire would I need to wire an 11-12 room house, if I have say, 5 available points for lights in 6 of those rooms? With roundwire, I would plan to run the wires under the flooring, and of course chandeliers would be put in from the floor above. This will take some thought. I'm beginning to feel like I'm planning a siege.

I hate that it's winter. I need to prime some large pieces of MDF..notably the roof and gables, as well as the front of the house. Not sure why these parts were made in MDF..perhaps they make a sturdier front on a front opening house?

At any rate, I want to prime them, because I would love to get the roof on.. but the primer (Kilz) fumes are lethal indoors, especially when the furnace is on. ;) BOOM! I like my home where it is. I don't want to find it on the mountain across the road.

I can probably use my upstairs bedroom, and close the door, making sure there's no leaks into the house..but if I open the window and turn on a fan, I'm afraid the freezing air might make the primer set up wrong.. :D and produce a surface skin, while keeping the primer wet just beneath the surface. Sooo....I can do everything but the MDF parts, and hang on to those until April, then do them. This is probably what I will do. I can get everything else done on the house, and my plexiglass front can serve to temporarily protect my house's innards. BUT I wanna get it done :blink:

Well, at least I'm getting something done

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.