• entries
  • comments
  • views

Preparation, Preparation, Preparation!

Chris P.

I am pleased with today's progress. It was good to have a day off work so I could put some time, thought, and energy into getting started on the preparation stage of building this doll house. I am wondering if this one is a beginner's kit ~ not that it matters, I am determined to see this through.

blogentry-6356-1295655328_thumb.jpg

The first thing I accomplished today was getting the base floor and second floor sanded and primed. I used a latex primer, then painted the first floor ceiling white in preparation of applying stucco to it.

blogentry-6356-1295655356_thumb.jpg

It doesn't show too well on the photo, but I like the way the stucco ceiling worked out. It gives me hope for the rest of the construction. ;)

The next step I was able to get to was popping out the timber framing,

blogentry-6356-1295655374_thumb.jpg

and the beams, mantel, window casings, doors, and door frames.

blogentry-6356-1295655405_thumb.jpg

I experimented a bit with exterior surfaces on a bird house I got for the purpose. I added some glue to the stucco, as well as glue under the larger stones. The top part is crushed shells. The bird house is much smaller than the doll house will be. I think the larger stones look too big on this, I'll have to assess what to do on the doll house. I plan to put moss between the stones and to paint some moss on the shady parts of the stucco to give it a woodsy feel.

Next step: sand and stain the timbers, doors, windows, etc.

1 Comment

Recommended Comments

Simply loved your project. Well you can use various tecure papers in order to cover the walls of your doll house. If possible have a look on the lundby dollhouse and try to alter your project according to this. It can then be a great gift for you love ones!!!

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.