• entries
  • comments
  • views

House that jack built progress

ilovecats

I bought this house off of ebay about 4 or 5 years ago and it has been in the basement since then. I have been working on it on and off for the past month or so. Exterior main color is blue and it will have creamy white trim/windows etc. I finished painting the windows today. the house has had 2 coats of paint but i may add one more. I have also painted the interior doors and the staircase :) yay, love finishing those types of items. The staircase just needs one more coat of paint. I chose wallpaper today and I have cut it to fit in most of the rooms, just need to do the upper floor rooms :)

I made some changes to the floorplan. I wanted a fireplace on an outside wall so my options were to move the staircase or leave the stairs out altogether. I didn't like that idea much..lol. so...i didn't care for the position of the staircase anyway and i like the idea of the bay in the living room instead of the kitchen...so i decided to reverse rooms. Then came the issue that the front door opened directly into the kitchen (i didn't like that idea for whatever room that was going to be)...anyway the option that worked best for me was to make and totally enclose the front entry to make the kitchen space more of an individual room. I'm not bothered by the staircase in the kitchen as it seems like a country style staircase with the railings that came on it. (came prebuilt with the house). So i have a unique kitchen floor plan. The stove will most likely be on the left wall, the kitchen sink along the front wall by the window and a cabinet under the staircase along that wall. I will have a round table in the middle of the room. Hope that all makes sense. I threw some furniture in a couple of rooms for photos. I will probably be using different furniture for this house, but this stuff was readily available.

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.