• entries
  • comments
  • views

Tea Shop! New project

ilovecats

I've been wanting to do a tea room for some time and i've been wanting to build my Celerity Corner Store kit for some time. I had the idea last night to make it into a tea room and possibly gift shop. we shall see about that last part ;)

I was really excited that this double front door fits perfectly. I ordered two bay windows for the first floor and victorian windows for the rest of the house. I still need to select some doors. On the first floor I will have the tea room. I decided to add a little room (small kitchen) for a stove, sink and storage items. I will have a wall cabinet of some time to display the tea sets that i have. that is where i got the idea that i could be a gift shop as well. it will depend on how much room is left after the table and chairs are in place and the size of the wall cabinet i will use. since i added the tiny kitchen I won't have as much floor space so we shall see how the gift shop part pans out.

Anyway, the story for this dollhouse it that a single lady lives in the upper stories of the building. it's her tea shop. it will be old timey, but i don't know what time frame yet. :) anyway, i will do a victorian theme just cuz that is what i love. I envision some brickwork to the exterior made of egg carton. not sure how high up the walls i will take that..probably just the first story. I plan on doing egg carton stonework for the sidewalk. I love the exterior of this building. The exterior staircase access to the living space is really a neat idea.

anyway, not sure what furniture will go in this building but i used what was handy for photos :)

The second floor will be a kitchen and a living room, the 3rd floor will be the bedroom and bath/dressing room :)

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.