• entries
  • comments
  • views

Scissor Steps and Porch Floors

Debra from Olde Cape Cod

The scissor steps have been folded up in a corner waiting for me to figure out a way to mount them to the Summerhouse. I couldn't just glue them on as they wouldn't open all the way that way. What to do! One night as I was falling asleep, the thought came to me to just hang them from hooks....all well and good, but I don't have any hooks small enough I thought. In the morning, I knew I could use pierced earring hooks...they have a small eye on one end and they're not as bendy as eye pins. Once I started fooling around with wire cutters and needle nose pliers, I remembered I had an old wind chime part kicking around with nice small eye hooks in it! I'm so glad I save junk! LOL! So when I was done, this is what it looked like: blogentry-3022-0-11473200-1435443793_thu They open all the way now and the Captain can unhook them and stow them away when they travel. blogentry-3022-0-28682200-1435443804_thu DH came in and said how amazing they were.....except maybe I need another step near the top? It will mean taking the top part apart and cutting another step; doable, but not today. I was starting to drop things and knocking stuff apart so knew it was time to quit!

While the glue was drying, I was working on the porch floor. I decided to paint the edge of the porch and the trim underneath black: blogentry-3022-0-03735500-1435443832_thu Then I primed the floor and cut a pattern for the scrapbook paper I was going to use. blogentry-3022-0-38147600-1435443851_thublogentry-3022-0-19431800-1435443869_thu I probably wouldn't have made a pattern first but I only have one sheet of this and the rest of it has to be enough for one of the rooms inside. I saw this idea for a porch floor on Pinterest and really liked it, so here it is. blogentry-3022-0-46048600-1435443897_thu Not glued down yet as I need to dry brush the black edge and trim of the porch with Gunmetal Gray metallic but not today, time to put my feet up and chill. :) Have a great evening all!

3 Comments

Recommended Comments

Very nicely done. You do have a wonderful imagination. My muse is on vacation these days. Maybe she's visiting yours. Could you check and send her home please?

I'll bet my naughty little muse is paying them to keep mum. She doesn't want to come home to such a boring work place. Yours is far more exciting and interesting!!

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.