• entries
  • comments
  • views

Metal Roofing......

Debra from Olde Cape Cod

I was excited to try out the roof pieces on the Summerhouse,so propped them in place to have a look. While looking at the roof as a whole, I realized that there is no way to hide all the tab slots and have the "seams" line up. 

blogentry-3022-0-54799700-1438365099_thu

I was puzzling about this when I decided to check out images online. So, on most of the roofs the seams lined up, but then there were some that didn't so I guess I am okay. I'm not sure how much the seams will show anyway after I do the verdigris work. Have to go finish some grass mowing, then I will be back. Was dragging my tail feathers after mowing the lawn! LOL! Almost a 1/2 acre with a push mower! Whew! After looking at the pictures of roofs online, I noticed that on some of them the seams lined up with the middle of the spaces on adjoining pieces of roof. My layout has pretty much worked out that way too, so I am happy with it. I started by painting the main sections of the roof with the Bronze.

blogentry-3022-0-93925400-1438474458_thu

After a light sanding, I temporarily put them on the house to start laying out the seams.

blogentry-3022-0-25218200-1438474481_thu

Here is the front roof piece with the seams almost complete.

blogentry-3022-0-45565700-1438474499_thu

It's been a little tricky covering the tab slots and lining up the seams, but I figure life is full of imperfection, right? LOL! 

blogentry-3022-0-11222700-1438474516_thu

This still needs a piece here and there and then the painting can start! Have a great evening all!

12 Comments

Recommended Comments

Hope Logan gets the picture issue fixed soon so I can see all your pictures.  sigh .... upgrades sorely test my patience!!

Maybe you can get around that by putting them in an album labeled for this particular Blog. Then when you are in your blog, link them from the album like we did with the My Media button in regular posts. Not exactly sure what thats called the in the new format. 

Btw, I can't see pictures in anyone's posts or blogs - not just yours. Seems to be anything posted before the update began.

I'll bet the picture issue will be resolved soon. It's on the list of fixes, I'm thinking but just hasn't gotten up to the top of the list yet. I can't imagine that GL would want to loose all their team instruction blogs. I suck at being patient and this update isn't helping my patience level to rise much, I must say. I keep telling myself - Selkie - breathe now - get your big nose out of the way and give the workers a chance to do their stuff. Thus far, I'm just sputtering and fussing like the old lady that I am.

At least there is hope now with the notice Logan put up about known issues. I guess this is our "test" of patience. I hate tests, btw!!

Blogs seems to always have "stuff" happen. I know Casey talks about issues with hers (and Tessie's) and a friend of mine just closed hers and left it all behind and started a brand new one because she was so fed up with issues with hers. I couldn't figure out why she used the same provider for the second one though. Still scratching my head on that one. I'd have jumped ship if I'd been her. Seems to plague all the companies that host them though so it probably doesn't matter which you choose. 

Inherently fussy I guess. (tee hee)

Yes! Cause this forum is in high demand in construction trades! Look at how many of our entries discuss roofing! Lol! Too bad they dont read the mini print!

• Haha 1
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.