• entries
  • comments
  • views

A working radio that doesn't break the bank - electronics are getting cheaper for the dollhouse!

Elsbeth

Electronics are getting smaller and amazing things for the dollhouse are becoming more affordable (I love the battery lights for those of us who can't do wiring), and now I am interested in adding...SOUND to my house.

Lundby is selling a modern console that will play music from your bluetooth device. 
I like it, but of course, I'd rather pipe 40s classics through a vintage console radio into my 1940s house.
Here are some gorgeous working radios, but they aren't bluetooth and they are beyond my price range.

So now I am thinking I might try to make my own...with a near-1 inch cube bluetooth speaker for $13, 

and a custom olde tyme radio container I'd have to build for it. Or find a pre-built radio that is hollow.
I just love the idea of piping in period music. 
Or if I had a haunted house, I could have spooky sounds going. Or even simple random sounds like a doorbell or phone ringing. 
Could be fun. Could be creepy. 

Check out this one - it sounds pretty cool! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqdYCm0i6HU
It uses a USB unit which is bigger and will require some fiddling with cords I think, but it is a lovely item.
  • Like 1

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.