• entries
  • comments
  • views

Lighting up the San Fran.

rbytsdy

I am so tickled with how my little Tiffany lampshades from Dejoux are turning out that I just had to post some pics. I laid out the ceiling paper (embossed scrapbook papers) on cardstock so that there would be something to support the lighting fixture, with a bit of overhang for that center connector board, then strung the light through the template assembly and through a "medallion" (actually one end of one of those little plastic Christmas drums) and then through a hole in the top of the shade (which I drilled gently if the bulb didn't want to slide right in). I then attached the chain to the shade and hooked an end into the medallion.

Here the house is turned on its side; I am finishing up the connection to the shade:

large.IMG_3603.jpg.ee3394992914be5f9ffdc

Here are the two first-floor rooms (working up the house to organize the wiring, since the battery box is up in the attic), before and after gluing in the ceiling assembly. House is still turned on its side-- much easier to work on the ceilings that way. :p

large.IMG_3604.jpg.fc09630fc8fa7f18c2d58large.IMG_3605.jpg.c79832484cf26df97f803

Now the 2nd-floor room ceilings have been installed--

large.IMG_3607.jpg.da9a5325bec7b6be74665

And the lights work! (House right-side-up now.) My favorite is the pink-highlighted one in the upper right.

large.IMG_3610.jpg.a44ce82e70abd2ce48e0f

• Like 1

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.