• entries
  • comments
  • views

Furniture for the San Fran.

rbytsdy

I've been pretty quiet lately because I've been working on furniture for the San Fran, from Kris' tuts, of course; parson's chairs (time-consuming, but I really like how the red piping pops on this fabric):

large.IMG_3635.jpg.1a73b48ec99c374392245large.IMG_3642.jpg.8085df96b8a1d1677dc7b

Upholstered chairs for the parlor:

large.IMG_3639.jpg.8da0443cba515b536f2c9large.IMG_3640.jpg.7c6ca3ed27a6b0f76c627

The toile is a thicker fabric that I found the other year whilst fabric-shop-hopping with my mother; the thickness presented some challenges, but I think it pulled together (I used a thinner fabric for the very front where I needed to negotiate some tight curves). The print is large, but I love toile and I think it works here. I'll use it for the draperies too-- with a blue-toned fabric to help the black refer back to the wallpaper.

And just finished a bed, ready for gessoing and painting:

large.IMG_3643.jpg.0cdbdcf39076a24113a62

I plan to make the round table and a couple end tables, and a piece or two for the kitchen, and that ought to do it. Then the draperies-- I have some fancy ideas to try out for those; we'll see if I can pull it off. :hmm:

• Like 1

1 Comment

Recommended Comments

Your upholstered furniture is adorable!!  I really think that you could take on any scale furniture and house making!

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.