• entries
  • comments
  • views

chrisatoledo

So I finally received my kit and couldnt have been more excited. A few hours,  and about 2000 splinters later... I had all my pieces out and labeled. I also received the fireplace mantle that I was going to jimmy into the livingroom wall. 

The first thing I wanted to focus on was the initial kit-bashing.  Since I had all the pieced loose and easy to work with, I marked off all my lines and made all the cuts and I can already envision all the finishes!  The major Kit Changes I made were:

Livingroom:
• Inset a new stone-look fireplace and center on the wall of the living room. (PICTURED) You can still see the opening of the old fireplace...This will be covered with paneling. 
• Open up a large centered passage between the livingroom and now dining room (Previously kitchen) (PICTURED)
• Bring front window/bay window down to the ground and make window bigger.
• Make both windows on the stairway 2 inches taller. (Plan on putting stained glass in these)

Dining Room:
• Cut doorway into future kitchen addition. (PICTURED)
• Make old kitchen window (now dining) taller and wider. (More appropriate for a formal dining space I think.)

Upstairs:
• Make the bathroom door square (It was a pointed tudor/gothic shape before) 
• Make bedroom widow thinner and taller. 
• Cover upstairs fireplace and book case....I just glued in the pieces. (Since this area is partially obstructed by the stair banister, I plan on putting a built in linen-closet here)
• Making right-side bathroom window smaller. 

I think this covers my Day-One progress. I think most of my kit bashing is complete at this point. Now Im just dreading all the new custom window and door frames Im going to have to make from scratch.:eek:

IMG_0120.JPG

IMG_2017.JPG

IMG_4875.JPG

IMG_9009.JPG

IMG_5003.JPG

• Like 1

4 Comments

Recommended Comments

You have had a lot of progress! Can't wait to see the changes to the house. Isn't this more fun that you have ever had IN YOUR WHOLE LIFE?!!! :cucumber:

• Like 1
7 hours ago, amyole said:

You have had a lot of progress! Can't wait to see the changes to the house. Isn't this more fun that you have ever had IN YOUR WHOLE LIFE?!!! :cucumber:

omg! You have no idea! 

Welcome, Chris!  Looking forward to watching this project.  And the next one, and the one after that!  It is a fine madness we share!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Myangela said:

Welcome, Chris!  Looking forward to watching this project.  And the next one, and the one after that!  It is a fine madness we share!

Absolutely! Im on day 3 of this project and I'm already planning the next one! Haha

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.