• entries
  • comments
  • views

Stump fairy house 2017

Goldenrodfarm

I am a collector, let's face it, but when you collect tree stumps for future use you need a big storage place lol.  This tree stump was collected many years ago, I was trying to place it, I have been here on the farm about 25 years.  You tend to place things in time by major events in your life, sadly one of mine is the death of my husband 14 years ago, that day still seems like yesterday to me, I will never forget every event in that jumbled day, but dislike it being one of my major events.  A couple of months prior, I remember finding the tree stump down back and lugging it back up to the house, Gordon laughed at me, but kindly, then helped me carry it!  It sat around the barn for years because I just didn't want to think about the whole thing but this spring I decided it was time to do something about it. These are the first pictures I took of it, It is skewed to one side, and I wanted the big opening on the side to be upright enough to be French doors and a balcony.  The last picture is the "back door"which is a branch, before I cut the hole.  A lot of trimming and belt sanding occurred before I got it to sit the way I wanted it to look.

IMG_1008.JPG

IMG_1009.JPG

IMG_1010.JPG

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.