I haven’t posted in a while because this is a really busy time on the farm getting ready for winter, plus I am still doing a lot of sanding on the inside to make the wood smooth, and sanding is a boring topic for a blog. Sanding makes a mess and has to be done in the shop, and it is very cold out there right now. I have been wavering on making windows then cutting holes or making holes then the windows, I can see pluses and minuses to both ways. Windows are going to be tricky because of the nature of the stump, I doubt the thickness of the walls is exactly the same anywhere in the stump. I have decided on a small curved top window with a single vertical pane divider. My inspiration is a odd window in the back of my barn. To combat the varying thickness I am going to make a 3 part window and file the trim inside the opening to match the walls. The door will also be curved on top. There will be 3 windows in the front, two upstairs and one down, and the door, so far one on the side downstairs, and that is as far as I have gotten. The other side with the large opening will have a door in the opening so I don’t think any other downstairs willdows will be necessary. It seems like I need to know where furniture is going before deciding on other windows, so I will think about that.
I started knitting on my bedspread, the center is done, now doing the 4 side strips. I like how it is coming out with the DMC pearl cotton Andalusia US size 0 knitting needle. The below picture is the one that cane with the pattern