• entries
  • comments
  • views

Shingles.

rbytsdy

But first, a batch of flower-boxes that I whipped up (matboard, and tiny faux flowers from Hobby Lobby):

large.IMG_4019.jpg.c8dff7016c858cdaa8aad

That pedestal-looking thingie on the right goes into the attic to support the roof.

Speaking of roof, I've been shingling the roof and gable (octagon and fishscale shingles from Ernie's; I guess I was expecting the really flat shingles that often come with the Greenleaf kits, but that's not what these are (Houseworks 7003 and 7005). They are thick, difficult to cut w/o cracking, and quite non-uniform in the case of the octagons. Half-way through I thought that well, the thickness was a good thing since they'd be less susceptible to warping, so I barreled along with the gluing and taping until I noticed that there was a big ol' mass buckle happening along the longest stretch; had to get creative with clamping, but seems to have addressed that issue. (Whew...)

large.IMG_4013.jpg.5226c1268e25a13e42124large.IMG_4015.jpg.557d84474ba7492a33180large.IMG_4017.jpg.8ba7c3dfc241b29a52b0b

large.IMG_4014.jpg.85968d2cf5494ea539499large.IMG_4016.jpg.1272bfac007409100e551

I am really having difficulties with estimations on this one! Got this far, and figured that I need three more bags of shingles! :dunce: Missed Ernie's 25%-off sale by one day, but shingles are on their way... (On the balcony is how many shingles I have left right now!)

large.IMG_4018.jpg.c3f9d2912382eb4156469

I think it's time to move back inside and start picking out fabrics.

2 Comments

Recommended Comments

It has turned out beautiful. I think it's good that you got the beefy shingles. It will add strength to the house. (This is for a child??/) I like the pink color too. I want to do a pink house someday.

1 hour ago, Mid-life madness said:

It has turned out beautiful. I think it's good that you got the beefy shingles. It will add strength to the house. (This is for a child??/) I like the pink color too. I want to do a pink house someday.

Yes, it is for a child-- I guess you're right, this ought to be bully for stout! This is my second pink Tennyson, but pink hasn't gotten old yet-- it's really fun since I'm not usually a pink sort of person. :p

• Like 1
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.