Got the house landed on its 3/8"-thick plywood base (1/2" square dowel on the edge); got the lattice parts made (matboard) and the stair (cut the steps to make its width match that between the porch posts):
Enjoyed making the parlor window treatments with satin ribbon trim-- had to think about em for a bit, two drapes on each side of the pelmet would've gotten a bit much for those two closely-spaced windows, but then it came to me: a single centered drape with a neck-tie knotted ribbon. Think I'll use that one again some time. One can't see it very well here but the window seat is fake tufted in the same fabric as the chairs.
I did some boo-boos when cutting out the fencing-- "Duval" from Heritage Laserworks-- but I am thinking about strategic foliage placements.
Now what are these guys doing here--
(This is the "Marshmallow Mouse" Calico Critters family. Aren't they cute?!)
You can see that 1/12" is a bit tall and narrow for them; they're more like a fat 1/16". I am getting a new niece this summer, and have gotten this kit for the mouse house:
Now this is a really blah kit, but I have in mind to do a real number on it: I did a google search for "victorian style houses exterior" and found a couple views of this house (that is apparently from pinterest; I don't know the origin so apologies if it's your house but WOW!):
I may play around a little with the color scheme, but it is really starting to grow on me. For the mouse family, I will need to do some custom-fitting and some custom furniture, like I did for the Calico Critters hedgehog family in the Shadybrook Cabin build.