• entries
  • comments
  • views

Finally, the main color.

rbytsdy

Got the "tile floor" from miniatures marketplace installed into the powder room:

large.IMG_4265.JPG.4045b6e353c64743f97dccc5502f9f27.JPG

I think that the bathroom fixtures will have to be white (and the window dressings monotone) in order to balance all that color going on with the wallpaper and flooring.

Here's what I've been doing for the past while; always takes longer than anybody thinks, especially the way I do it (for pieces with any length, I mask-tape each layer top and bottom and let the glue set for a while- sometimes all week before I can get to it again- before proceeding with the next layer; helps ALOT with preventing warping):

large.IMG_4267.JPG.767f5bf575949a3a28dfd360f9c134a6.JPGlarge.IMG_4268.JPG.5a196bec099acb9f3a58c10e8ccb2f50.JPG

It's good to have that done. Was very fiddly around the small bay corners where the siding has to meet up. You can see there at the interface between the small bay and the 1st and 2nd front walls where I didn't quite make square, and the siding highlights that. :dunce: It's worse on the 1st floor, but all that will end up hiding behind a prominent porch roof. I am still thinking about what to do over that center large bay window. The original house has some sort of arch-y tableau decoration going on there, but I'm still thinking. I may end up just putting siding there, but maybe not. :hmm:

Got my first layer of paint on-- "Botanical Bliss" (Valspar interior satin "perfect pint"):

large.IMG_4269.JPG.fcc58962c84e251d353eb10fee066238.JPG

It shows a bit more blue-y on my computer screen than it quite is. I love it! (Even though the first coat always looks terrible.)

• Like 1

2 Comments

Recommended Comments

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.