• entries
  • comments
  • views

Day 25 09-27-05

Well, I'm still doing trim. I want to put most of the shutters on the house, except for the bay windows--I plan to leave them off there. Jimmy has taken them out, and I have sanded their edges and gotten my standard coat of "primer" on them.Jimmy has also taken out some of the balcony railings for me, and I have sanded those as well. Now, for the porch railings, I wanted to have that mostly put together before I painted it. So, Jimmy took out all my pieces and I sanded them down and he then glued them together. Well, I wasn't too happy with the way that the posts themselves looked--it sort of looked like a bunch of pieces of wood put together instead of porch posts. So, I talked Jimmy into putting some wood putty on the porch posts themselves--not the railings, just the posts--and then he sanded it down and made it smooth so it looks like a porch post. This picture shows some of the shutters, and also the porch rails and posts. It's not a good picture, but if you look closely, you can see where the posts were wood puttied.blog-242-1128048641_thumb.jpgCompliments of LPCullen

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.