• entries
  • comments
  • views

I finished the roof with a last row of half-shingles at the apex. Once everything was good & dry I pounced a gray wash over the chimney bricks followed by swiping a damp wad of tissue over them. I mixed the gray ten parts white to one part gray and diluted it 300% with water. After I did the chimney I added a miniscule touch of ultramarine blue and cut the wash with another hefty bit of water and washed the shingles with it. It gives a silvery gray overlay of the cherry stain, which helps considerably.blog-242-1129236423_thumb.jpg blog-242-1129236505_thumb.jpgI have measured for the oven box on a scrap of foamboard and scribed a door and made a cutout for the watch glass surround, which I have glued in to dry. I shall have to fill the spaces between the parts of the surround the watchstraps attached to, probably some of my ubiquitous scraps of foamboard. I still have some of the brassy bugle beads to use for door hinges. I hope I can get some of this to show up in pictures <_< complements of havanaholly

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.