• entries
  • comments
  • views

Starting to electrify

Adventures in electricity by Darrell.In the previous pictures the holes I had drilled in the back of the house were round. You'll notice in these pictures they are squared up a bit and made flush with the floors of the house. The first picture is the installed junction splice that will live under the lower portion of the staircase. I made sure it was installed far enough inside the house so the wires won't be pushed and bent up against the wall we hang the house on, but not so far it would interfere with the staircase wall. I had test fitted the staircase and drawn around it on the floor then took it back out to do the wiring.blog-361-1131335454_thumb.jpgIn the previous post I said when we sealed off the doorway to the kitchen I had intentionally left a gap on the bottom to get the wire through. Here's a picture of that.blog-361-1131335496_thumb.jpgWe wanted a light for the porch above the door. Inside the living room the tape goes up the wall and across the ceiling (need lights there too) and then down and out the top of the front door. The porch lamp will be installed on this tape. Notice it goes right back into the second floor window, which gets power up to the second floor. In the living room we also added a tape run centered one inch up from the floor along the wall and ran another tape over to the bay window area where we may install a plug for a lamp or ??? There is also an installed plug on the wall that is BEHIND the area for the fireplace. We will put a lighted bed of coals in the fireplace for now. Later we may change that out for the flickering module. Because this may change later our fireplace will not be glued into place very strongly, if at all.blog-361-1131335533_thumb.jpgInside the second floor window you can see where the wire comes in from the front porch through the window. You can see the marks I've made on the wall to guide me in runniing the tape around the walls. This makes it possible to install a plug practically ANYPLACE in the house as long as I put it one inch up from the floor at its center.blog-361-1131335614_thumb.jpgA little more has been done on the electrical but we haven't uploaded the pics to the computer from the camera yet. DarrellCompliments of DarrellandMelissa

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.