• entries
  • comments
  • views

well as per usual things happen to keep nutti on her toes.1st I decide I must wire my Mckinley2nd I cannot find my wiring kit I have already bought.3rd won an e-bay auction for electrical...get it and the stuff is probably 20 yr old. ok some of it will work for hubby so not too bummed.4th take my 40% off HL coupon buy new wiring kit after looking everywhere driving hubby and kid nutz in making them help me.(2 days)5th today I started wiring and hubby finds missing supplies ;) of course B) so this is my journey into wiring I have started by purchasing a small wiring kit blog-361-1131938484_thumb.jpg than I followed Darrells diagram and instructions with a couple of adjustments.blog-361-1131938788_thumb.jpg adjustment one was not being able to put the wire 1inch from the floor on the first floor. there were slots in the way.2nd adjustment was making my down the house tape longer to enable the install the junction splice on a continuous tape....this was hubby idea after hearing where I thought was best place for the splice.blog-361-1131938976_thumb.jpgbut before I would put the wall on with glue we had to make sure so far so good. blog-361-1131939171_thumb.jpg the next thing I did was start putting the house together.step C with fireplace I did while I was waiting...oh and which I ruined while putting house together. remember my problem with dirty hands? well I usually keep a wet wipe handy for quick fixes to the fingers while working. well I layed the dern thing right on the printie of the hearth....even being sprayed with sealer didnt help.blog-361-1131939282_thumb.jpg so with the basic shell done it is time to attach the junction splicewoot woot! WORKS!blog-361-1131939528_thumb.jpgand although Hubby was here I made him the stoopidviser and did all of it myself!!! my main worry at this point is trying to remember where the wire is when wallpapering....lol the brads are a bit small and tedious but I think the results will be worth it!TTFNnutti :blink:Compliments of Nuttiwebgal

2 Comments

Recommended Comments

Nutti,

See? Told ya it was easy. I see you're taking the time to check the power AS YOU GO, which is the secret to having it all work. There WILL be a time when you add ONE thing and it doesn't. Guess WHERE you'll find your problem. LOL!

But I think you're doing GREAT. Look forward to seeing how it goes the remainder of the journey.

Darrell

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.