• entries
  • comments
  • views

Cutting Windows & Trim In the Tower

I've let the tower wallpaper dry overnight. I want to make sure it's good and dry because I don't want it to start moving when I begin cutting. Now it's time to cut out the windows and trim the excess wallpaper off.blog-361-1134341759_thumb.jpgBefore I cut out windows and/or trim, I go ahead and get a new razor blade--I don't want any jagged edges, nor do I want the razor blade to "catch" on the wallpaper as I'm cutting. I start with the oval windows, and I begin cutting from the outside of the tower. I start near the top of the window, lay my razor blade against the edge of the opening as tight as I can get it, and begin cutting on one side. I just gently pierce the wallpaper with the edge of the razor, and move it down and around, holding my hand the razor blade tightly to the edge. Then I move to the other side of that window and do the same thing. Last I cut the top of the windows out.blog-361-1134341785_thumb.jpgblog-361-1134341812_thumb.jpgblog-361-1134341861_thumb.jpgAnd now the window is cut out! I can move on to the other two.blog-361-1134341885_thumb.jpgblog-361-1134341923_thumb.jpgOnce I'm done with the windows, I go ahead and trim off the excess from the sides. Again, I start from the outside, lay the razor blade up against the wall, pierce the wallpaper gently, and just slide the razor blade down it, cutting of the excess. I usually start about two-thirds of the way from the top and cut down. Then I turn the razor blade upside down, and cut the top of the excess off. I do the same thing for the other side.blog-361-1134341950_thumb.jpgblog-361-1134341978_thumb.jpgAnd now, the trimming in the tower is complete. You can go back inside the oval windows of the inside and cut some on the inside of the window, but you really don't have to.blog-361-1134342009_thumb.jpgCompliments of LPCullen

2 Comments

Recommended Comments

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.