• entries
  • comments
  • views

4/11/06, finishing the fridge, furniture

havanaholly

We got home Sunday afternoon. As we were leaving first thing Monday AM to go pick up two sea kayaks in Gainesville, FL, I gave the refrigerator spackle one last sanding and painted it with high gloss white enamel. I had cut 1/4" square dowel into 1" lengths and spray painted them black. After supper the white enamel was dry and I glued one of my brass window handles onto the refrigerator door with super glue gel. I glued the door on with wood glue and used scrap wood to protect the paint & spackle from the clamps and clamped it to dry. I glued in the freezer compartment. I turned the box upside down (See, Linda?) and glued the legs on with super glue gel.

Monday AM everything was dry so I signed the bottom and turned it right side up and glued the monitor on top.

blog-8-1146048923_thumb.jpg

I punched out the kitchen chairs.

When we got home late this AM I stained the kitchen chairs.

blog-8-1146049066_thumb.jpg

They will need upholstered seat cushions. I traced around one of the seats to make a paper pattern & cut it out. I'll cut around it in posterboard for each seat

blog-8-1146049196_thumb.jpg

and then cut 1/4" out around the cardboard from the fabric; I'll use the necktie leftover from the Haunted House's dining chairs. I'll run a gathering stich around the perimeter of each fabric circle and gather it over the posterboard and glue one to each seat after the chairs are together.

1 Comment

Recommended Comments

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.