• entries
  • comments
  • views

1/144th Hampton House

nuttiwebgal

I have been trying to be good about staying off my feet and giving my stitches a chance to heal so today I decided to do my Hampton house.

first I check for all the peices.

blog-9-1146868837_thumb.jpg

all here...plzz note it is easier if you leave the parts in the sheets to paint...this house fell out of the sheets when I took it out of its packaging.

blog-9-1146868929_thumb.jpg

so I did the only thing I could after I painted...put another paper plate on top of the one my parts were in and weight them down...fortunatly it doest take long for this scale to dry.

blog-9-1146869040_thumb.jpg

here is the painted parts...most of them the roof and window trims doing the drying thing.

I was so bad...I was going to take photos as I went...but once you start its hard to remember to stop for such things...so here is the almost finished product

blog-9-1146869211_thumb.jpg

I wanted something different for the roof but having nothing in scale to make shingles I fell back to a favorite of mine....Textured Paint! :blink: ;) ;)

you ask where do you find sand in scale to make textured paint? well in the floral dept of Wal-mart!

I used decorative sand and I was very Happy with my results

Here is my Hampton house finished and ready for landscaping. again I will wait and do all the 1/144th scale at the same time.

blog-9-1146869491_thumb.jpg

this house took me about 5 hours from start to finish with a couple of potty breaks while waiting for the glue to dry.

although this is a Laser tech kit and goes together easily, the directions could be better.

TTFN

nutti :blink:

4 Comments

Recommended Comments

Oh Nutti its gorgous! I love it, you did such an amazing job. and i see you stuck with your favorite color! hehe

By the way i want a mini house now!! these are too cute! where i are getting them? off ebay? i saw them on miniature.com but they were a little expensive.

yes they are a tad pricey but I use those 50% off coupons or 25%

I wanted to get one with the 35%off coupon on friday but I forgot.

I have gotten a couple off of e-bay. good luck I really love my little houses!

nutti ;)

Nutti

I couldn't agree more about the taking of pictures. Who remembers to stop working to take photos.I was going to take pictures of my first house as I built it, but I have yet to take one picture! You are really ahead of the game in remembering to get the camera out. I love your color choices and the house.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.