• entries
  • comments
  • views

nuttiwebgal

now Im not one to go round spread gossip!

but my roof turned into a nightmare for me that my poor DH had to help me out of.

I have put mansard roofs together before....Linda and Tracy both tell of how theirs just snapped into place.

well not mine. I wet the roof peices and scored them a little deeper than they were...this helped for the Glencroft roofline. and than I snapped them into their place under the notch...easy enough....

blog-9-1151560200_thumb.jpg

but it wasnt curved into the supports....so I got out the handy dandy clamps...after much finagling I had the 2 ends on the supports...but the middle said...NOPE I AINT BENDING!

I pleaded but it stood firm. so I asked DH to help me bend the around some paint cans well he found a long cylinder he had and it took the 3 of us to get it all bent and bungee corded

blog-9-1151560426_thumb.jpg

yup this is my roof...he ran it under the kitchen sink 2 times and than took it out to let it dry.

next day he puts them in place and says hey looks good and goes to work.....DUH...hunny still no on the supports! so I once again get out the clamps...still no bend in the Peices...this morning Im like put the roof together or Im gonna melt down. so he did...here are the pictures of how he bent the roof to meet the supports for glueing. no it aint pretty but so far it works.

blog-9-1151560449_thumb.jpg blog-9-1151560520_thumb.jpg

blog-9-1151560113_thumb.jpg blog-9-1151560548_thumb.jpg

blog-9-1151560578_thumb.jpg

no it isnt pretty and although he used alot of weird things to get the roof to bend I assure you the kitchen sink was not one of them.

now I have to wait at least 24 hours for the glue to dry and set up.

TTFN

nutti :lol:

5 Comments

Recommended Comments

Oh Nutti: Your roof pictures look so much like mine ;) I think it was Deb who told me that she had to laugh at the all the different types of weights and clamps I used to force the roof into submission.I think I did use everything but the kitchen sink to get it to comply.

I'm sorry you had trouble, I was beginning to think mine might have to do more with it being an older kit (not sure cause I got it off ebay).

But it is looking good.

Holly,

Dh is a major packrat and collector of things from his job...I have not a clue as to what it was...

bout the same size as a paint can around and about 3 feet long...Id get a smaller diameter

for next time. ohhh how I hope there is no next time for the same problems. :p

all the stuff is off and boy it looks like the proper house its promising to be!

nutti ;)

I can actually visualize this house now that the hard parts are done :p (I hope ;) )The roof gives it so much LIFE & Class & Style!! I am so excited about it!

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.