The Orchid Dollhouse Construction Blog

• entries
  • comments
  • views

Contributors to this blog

Uodate on Melissa's house

darrellandmelissa

The walls went together very quickly. The roof has only the front half installed at this time. I finally got the dormers to go together the right way. There was not a problem with the directions, there was a problem with the reader of the directions. For some reason I kept gluing the narrow ends of the dormer roof together and putting that to the top of the dormer. I believe I lost cound how many times I made the same mistake.

here are pictures of the shell

blog-27-1155088835_thumb.jpg blog-27-1155088817_thumb.jpg

I painted part of the trim a medium lavender. The other trim will be a darker shade of lavender. The walls will be painted a pale lavender. The window frames will be white.

blog-27-1155088857_thumb.jpg

I have not attached the windows yet as my printer is still dead. I want to papaer and cut out around the window openings instead of trying to paper around the windows once the frames are on. I plan to run glue a thin strip of painted paper to the part of the wall that is the window frame.

1 Comment

Recommended Comments

It's nice to head into this section and read up on how the experts put these houses together. You are so fast and efficient. Ray and I are making headway (and finding the work relaxing and enjoyable), but we're struggling on a lot of the "how to's". I love reading your blogs to see how smoothly things go together.

-Susanne

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.