• entries
  • comments
  • views

I'm watching: My action at Netflix!

Mini Man

Living out in the sticks sometimes has it's draw backs, one of which is movie rentals. Back in the dark days, I would have to drive 20 minutes one way to find out what wasn't available at my local rental place and usually end up with something other then what I went out for. To make matters worse, I'd get stressed out about returning the movies before I was saddle with late fees.

Well that all changed when Netflix came online. Netflix was the first and largest major online DVD rental service, offering flat-rate rental-by-mail to customers in the US. It's simple enough, you create an ordered list, called a rental queue, of DVDs to rent. The DVDs are delivered individually by way of the United States Postal Service from an array of regional warehouses. You keep a rented DVD as long as desired but your limited on the number of DVDs (determined by subscription level) that can be checked out at any one time. To rent a new DVD, you just mail the previous one back to Netflix in a prepaid mailing envelope. Upon receipt of the disc, Netflix ships another disc in your rental queue (usually on the same day).

Now this might sound like a giant plug for Netflix, and that's because it is! Why? Because Netflix is about two of my favorite pastimes, the Internet and Television! I don't care where you live and even if there is rental place right next door, with over 65,000 titles and subscription plans starting at $5.99 per month, Netflix will bring a new level of entertainment to your home!

OK, enough of that! If you think that was bad, wait until you here my plug for Tivo! So with out a further sales pitch, here's what's happening in my Netflix account:

Next in my queue

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.