• entries
  • comments
  • views

Colors Can Change Your Whole Outlook

wenlaine

I wasn't happy at all with how this house was looking. I tore off the little porch thingy I had made, wasn't happy with that. I'm not pleased with the paperclay around the bottom, started taking that off. I'm not sure what I will do with that. Recently purchased some pillars for the front, I'm going to need more time to think about what to do there. But I wasn't liking the shingles either. I wanted something dark, so this is what I did. Painted the shingles with watered down black acrylic paint. Let that dry. Painted them all again with less watered down black acrylic paint and once that was dry I dry-brushed with the blue paint of the house. What a difference, I like it much better now.

blog-34-1162638020_thumb.jpg blog-34-1162638045_thumb.jpg

I've also finished with the kitchen and I will take pictures later today and I picked up these tiles from Home Depot last week. I thought the small tiles would look great as bathroom tiles. We'll see!!

blog-34-1162638194_thumb.jpg

2 Comments

Recommended Comments

Wendy, I have to agree with you, I like the darker shingles much better! I can't wait to see those tiles in place! They're going to look stunning!

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.