• entries
  • comments
  • views

kit bashing!!!!!!!!!

ilovecats

November 22nd. Okay here's the deal. When I have seen the beautiful pictures of this house, it has always bothered me that this house doesn't have a dining room and that most of the time the furniture ends up in the main hallway. So when I was trying my furniture on for size i decided to put the dining stuff in with the living room. Well that made that room to squishy and i couldn't see all the pretty living room stuff. So I put the dining stuff in the hallway. I thought about adding on a conservatory and making that into the dining room but decided against that idea for two reasons....one you would have to walk thru the kitchen to get to the dining room which would look far different from the rest of the house. But second and most important, i would lose that wonderful wall of windows in the kitchen with the cool shelf ( i want to put a plant or two on that shelf). That wall of windows and shelf are great bits that i LOVE about this house...so i came up with what i think will be an interesting addition.

I am going to bash the Primrose with the BH!!!!!!!!!!! It will basically be a box shape added onto the kitchen side of the house and the wall of windows will still be there, just a part of the new addition! It will also give me more floor space in the kitchen for the round table that i wanted to put in there. So here are some pictures of the preliminary piecing together of the primrose parts. I will have to do some cutting and piecing but this gives me and you a general idea of how i want the addition to look. The roof will be flat with widow walk trim around the edges. I'll cut a window above the sink and on the exterior of the house i'll figure something out for interest. I think after all the piecing together, siding and wallpaper will hide the construction. So this will be my project for the weekend! Anyway, I will now have the nice hallway that i wanted with a table in the middle with flowers, a sette and a grandfather clock! (I will be cuting the front piece to make it into a box shape, it wont have the gable end piece sticking up).

Cassie is helping with the inspection.

2 Comments

Recommended Comments

If it's not too late, Marg, I'd leave that Primrose peak on there and make it into an attic larder (unless you have your heart set on the widow's walk right there).

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.