• entries
  • comments
  • views

About this blog

Tips, tricks and techniques for building dollhouses

Entries in this blog

March

The tips this month were submitted by Margaret. Tips for applying paint: Use dollar store eyeshadow applicators-they come in a pack of 25 sometimes. Instead of having to wash your paintbrush-just toss the applicator. Free mini item: Look in the section where the bottled water is sold in your grocery store. The little inserts in the caps look like mixing bowls or with a cardboard lid they can become mini canisters.

Gazette Gallery

Gazette Gallery

Holly's Spare Closet Tutorial

Thanks to HavanaHolly for submitting this great tutorial for adding some extra closet space! ********** Sometimes your dh doesn't have those pesky corners that can be made into closets, and your dh still wants a closet. Here's how I made a closet for the Laurel. First I took rough measurements of the space where the closet was to go (the rear left corner of the lefthand upstairs room, a bedroom): Next I cut out the front and side

Gazette Gallery

Gazette Gallery

January

This month we only had one submission for the Gazette Blog. Thanks to Thinmini2 for sharing this great information with us! Those old pesty angles that jut into mini rooms, usually in the corners. These are created the way the roofs are designed,ect. In our Newburg we sealed them in with walls and made built in closets. Then we used shutters to make closet doors. So now we have two facing walk in closets with a desk area between. This created a nice little area for the home owners

Gazette Gallery

Gazette Gallery

Getting Started Building a Dollhouse

So You Want to Build a Dollhouse: Part 1 Selecting the Right Dollhouse for You It all starts out so innocently. You decide that you want to own a dollhouse, or gift a dollhouse to a special person, so you start looking around at dollhouses and discover that you have the choice of buying a pre-built house or making one yourself. For many people, the first reaction to that choice is "Oh, I could never build a house myself, so I'll just look at pre-built houses"……….and somewhere in the

Gazette Gallery

Gazette Gallery